Saturday, July 18, 2009

Seattle Trip

July 18-27th 2009
My Trip back to Seattle was so much fun!! While I was there i had the opportunity to hang out with my friends and work for Pizzo's (my high school tennis coach) tennis day camp for the week! I even sucked Stevo into working with me so i would have a ride to Bothell every morning. It was Tuns of fun. I got to work with high school girls and i really liked it because i tried to teach them everything i know. Things that took me a long time to figure out on my own!! I hope they at least took back one of the things i taught them!!


The first night the whole group got together!! Alisa, Madee, Ben, Jason, Levi and Dean. We went off to get some food cause i was staving!! We went to the classic Red Robin!!! YEAH!! I had my usual french fries and freckled lemonade!! Sooo good!! Then we went out to start our adventurous night at Gasworks Park. We played a little frizz bee enjoyed the view and then came back to Madee's neighbor house. They were having her house sit so we had a whole house to ourselves...and as you can tell they had rock band!! When the boys got tired of rock band around 130... off to the park we went!! We played some lava monster and talked about a little of everything!! By the time we made it back by 230 we started a movie Blades of Glory. I Didn't last too long on that movie




Sunday i went to church to the singles ward with Madee. It was cool because i walked into the chapel and i knew everyone that was there. I knew them from different events and because they were older we never really became friends but now its normal to be friends with people that are older. That night we all got together again to go to "the monks" they are really priest and not monks but that is what we call them!! Its always fun hearing them sing and sitting in their chapel because its unique and I love looking at its old features.


One of the days Madee, Stevo, and I met Alisa up at UW (She is going to summer school there). We first grabbed our bubble teas, I picked banana with passion fruit jelly. We then went to the cute thrift stores up there, stop light and the buffalo exchange, just to look around and see all the interesting things they have to offer. Then working our way over we went and spent a couple hours out on the canoes! Its fun because you paddle under the freeway overpasses and into little rivers that connect off. Last summer we paddled right by some turtles that were sunning themselves on a tree stump!!






At Stop Light












Stevo almost drowning.. haha















FROZEN YOGURT is the new ice cream!! The singles ward group and Stevo went to Kirkland and got some at a cute place on main street. Then we walked down to the waterfront to eat it. It was lots of fun and i thought it was really good. It had a tart taste to it and we got to put toppings on it. I put Mochi Balls (i know awesome right?) w/ strawberry and granola.





















Alisa's cabin is always fun to go to!! I spent the night and woke up to the find the sun glistening off the water and that is when i thought to myself i need to get me a place like this. We had fun rowing in the water, relaxing, sitting by the fire, playing cards and Even Eating Clams!! I became brave enough and Tried One... and they were not that bad...that is a lot coming from me! It was fun spending that time with Alisa!

















































Alisa and I had accomplished a lot during the day. I had bleached streaks in her hair and tried to color one of them purple but it didn't work!! I even tried to do it in one of my streaks but didn't work for me either. We did exactly what it told us to do. It told us to use jello and mix it with conditioner. Then after our failure we went to Sunny Teriyaki for lunch. It was Amazing...just how i remember it!! AND the guy that owns the place even remembered me!! Right when i went to the counter is said "I haven't seen you in a year." I couldn't believe that he had remembered our family!!
We made ourselves over to Starbucks so we stopped by to see Madee while she was working at the Y and of course bring her a Strawberry Blended Lemonade.




Of course the HENNA!! I actually was at the mall and found a place that sold it so we made it and put it on ourselves!! We got a little carried away!! We were trying to use the stuff up so i had one on my wrist, foot and arm. Alisa had an additional one on her back!! haha


For my last night that we could be together we made up our minds on the spot that we wanted to dress up and go into Seattle for dessert at restaurant called The Purple. We were thinking about going to this place for a couple of our dances but decided among other ideas in the past so it was fun to finally see it!! The boys ran home and came back looking really good in their suits and the girls were in dresses with our fancy hair in the buns. The system they use for their desserts here was really cool!! They plate their desserts into smaller portions so that you can try a couple of them instead of having to pick one. In my case i couldn't decide so i got three.... the red velvet cake with lavender cream frosting.... a ice cream square covered with hard chocolate, then they caramelized almonds on the top which was so so good..... and raspberry creme brulee. They were all unique but really good. We were all trying each others and having a lot of laughs!! It was a good time.
































After our amazing dessert place we went to one of my favorite places, Gasworks Park!! It is an amazing place... you can see the view of the Seattle skyline off the water. While we were there we watched the fire dancers.
















No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed